Wednesday, June 18, 2008

A Corrupt Bushie in Alabama, Part II

How did Alice Martin, U.S. attorney for the Northern District of Alabama, react when I made it clear that her little gambit regarding the U.S. Postal Inspection Service had not worked?

Not real well, I'm afraid.

I had noted that the FBI's white-collar crime unit clearly appeared to be the appropriate investigative agency for my allegations, and you can read Ms. Martin's response below. I detect a certain hint of "get lost, you frickin' liberal!" in her reply:

-------------------------------

To: Roger Shuler

From: Alice Martin

Sent: July 27, 2007

Then you can directly refer it to them, and there is no further need to write me.

------------------------------

Sounds like our dedicated public servant has grown weary of dealing with a certain member of the public--namely, me. But she hasn't run me off yet:

------------------------------

To: Alice Martin

From: Roger Shuler

Sent: July 27, 2007

To whom should I refer it at the FBI?

-------------------------------

Ms. Martin's response is to the point:

-------------------------------

To: Roger Shuler

From: Alice Martin

Sent: July 27, 2007

Special Agent in Charge, Carmen S. Adams

------------------------------

That would be the same Carmen S. Adams I copied on my snail-mail letters to Alice Martin--and from whom I've never heard a peep.

That would also be the Carmen S. Adams who is a member of the famed FBI, which states on its Web site that public corruption is one of its top priorities. This would be the same FBI to which I sent a detailed account of public corruption--on the bureau's special Web page for sending such accounts--and never heard a word in response. This would be the same FBI at which I left multiple voice messages at the white-collar crime unit in its Birmingham office and received, oh, zero responses.

Gee, I can only imagine how lax the famed bureau's response would have been if public corruption didn't matter so much to them.

By pawning me off on the infamously silent and mysterious Carmen S. Adams, Alice Martin must have thought she surely had me out of her hair.

Well, not so fast, Ms. U.S. Attorney. The Legal Schnauzer isn't through with you yet.

(To be continued . . . )

No comments: