Thursday, June 19, 2008

A Corrupt Bushie in Alabama, Part III

By now, Alice Martin surely must have thought she was finished with me. In fact, she probably was thinking, "My conservative Lord, why didn't I go into insurance?"

But she had raised the Schnauzer's ire. And I was ready to hold her right-wing feet to the fire:

----------------------------------

To: Alice Martin

From: Roger Shuler

Sent: July 27, 2007


Ms. Martin:
One final thing: In your Jan. 22 letter, you stated that if I sent a letter providing detailed allegations about wrongdoing I've witnessed, that you would make an appropriate referral to an investigative agency.

I think you are fully aware that the U.S. Postal Inspection Service is not the appropriate agency for an investigation involving 18 U.S. Code 1346. The service's own Web site says as much.

As a taxpayer, I help fund your office. And I have a right to expect that you will live up to your duty as stated in your own letter. You told me you would refer my information to the appropriate investigative agency, and now you are refusing to do it.

Maybe you don't understand how serious this matter is. My wife and I are facing repeated calls from a collection law firm because we've struggled to pay our bills since the "public servants" mentioned in my letter essentially stole our discretionary funds and most of our life savings. Does that kind of thing matter to you?

This is clear fraud, and it clearly is not appropriate for the U.S. Postal Inspection Service. And you stated that you would handle the referral to an appropriate investigative agency. I have the letter right here in my hand.

Are you going to live up to your word? And by the way, you didn't answer my question: Was the U.S. Postal Inspection Service involved in the Siegelman investigation? If not, why would you expect them to handle an investigation into my 1346 case?

Roger Shuler

-----------------------------------

How did Alice Martin react to my latest missive? The answer is coming up.

(To be continued . . . )

No comments: